See what others are saying about our trainings:
"Knowledgeable instructors, meaningful assignments, useful reference material, positive overall learning environment. Overall, it was an outstanding training!"
•••"The hosts are clearly well-versed in and dedicated to their work, they were a true pleasure to learn from. The platform and tools were extremely helpful, it was almost like being there in person! I'd highly recommend a Rare training to anyone considering it."
•••"Rare.org led a training with our Marketing team on using behavior centered design (BCD) principles to motivate climate action. Their insights continue to inspire our efforts to utilize the full range of BCD levers in our daily work engaging with corporate clients and utility customers around renewable energy and climate solutions."
•••"Though there are numerous behavioral science articles I have referenced in the past, I finally feel ready and capable to use behavioral science techniques in my program planning, all due to this training. I would recommend this to anyone in the climate change or conservation field. This was the most engaging and fun online session I've participated in since the beginning of the pandemic!"
Behavior Change for the Environment Starts Here.
Frequently Asked Questions
When/where will I access the live sessions?
- If your training includes instructor-led sessions the live sessions will take place on Zoom. You can find the links on the course page once registered.
Is this training accessible for people in all timezones?
- For the Behavior-Centered Design for the Environment course, we typically offer two options for the five live sessions. One recommend for participants in North America, South America, or some Europe/Africa timezones and another for Asia/Australia/Pacific participants.
- For the Introduction to Behavior-Centered Design course the e-learning modules are available to you at any time to complete at your own pace.
For whom is this training designed?
- Conservation and environmental practitioners
- Program designers and policy staff
- Current and future sustainability professionals
Why would a BCD training help me?
- Behavior is at the root of both environmental problems and solutions
- Strategies that incorporate human behavior can achieve larger and lasting impact
- BCD holds the potential for unlocking fundraising opportunities
- It provides a step-by-step process for identifying target behaviors and developing strategies to change them
What will I gain from the training?
- Applicable skills and easy-to-use tools
- Hands-on experience with a behavior-centered design process
- A tutorial on Rare’s behavior change toolkit
- A membership in a learning network of practitioners
Have questions about training costs? Learn more about discounts and non-profit rates.
Are there any discounts for non-profits?
- Yes! If you are employed by a non-profit or academic institution, please register at our reduced non-profit rate. You can find discounts and related coupon codes in the course description.
Are there any student discounts?
- If you are a student and you have a real-world conservation challenge you'd like to workshop, please feel free to register at the non-profit rate or keep an eye out for future Behavior-Centered Design challenges.
Are there any deals for groups?
- For the Behavior-Centered Design for the Environment course for every one registration you buy from your organization, a second person can attend for half off!
I want to convince my boss or manager to attend this training. Any tips?
- If you need to make a case for why you should attend this training, explore our one-page resource here.
I don't see different pricing options. How do I receive the discounted rate at checkout?
- You can find discount codes related to specific rates in the course description. Simply copy and paste the related code to have your total adjusted.
If you cannot afford the registration price due to present hardship or have any questions about the training cost, please contact us at email@example.com or submit a request directly via this form. Requests for additional discounts are evaluated on an individual basis. We take into account financial need, the potential for impact, and access to opportunity.
Your cart is empty